1. Full helmet：It protects all positions of the head, including the chin, and is the best helmet for protection. However, this helmet has poor air permeability, which is easy to say in winter. In summer, it is muggy to wear it. If you often travel between urban and rural areas and want to travel with cars on the highway, you can consider this helmet.
2. 3/4 helmet: This helmet only protects three quarters of the head, so it gets this name. It gives consideration to both protection and breathability, and is a common helmet. If you want good protection, but not too stuffy, then choose it.
3. Half helmet helmet Half helmet: It is a common helmet on the road at present. Although it is convenient to wear, it can not protect the driver's safety, because it can only protect the safety of the overhead area. If you need to take off your helmet often, it is really convenient.
4. Flip up helmet Flip up helmet: It is a "supplement" to the full helmet. It can turn the chin device up completely, changing from full helmet to 3/4 helmet. For some cyclists with large heads, it can not only be easily worn, but also be protected by the helmet.
Misunderstandings in the use of helmets
1. The lighter the helmet, the better. Relatively speaking, the lighter the helmet, the better. However, the lighter the riding helmet is, the less chance it will pass the national safety certification test standard, and the higher the relative price will be. Therefore, the precondition for choosing helmets is to pass the national safety certification test standard. Most helmets with a price of more than 200 yuan can reach about 260G. This weight will not make you tired even if you travel a long distance, so you don't need to pay too much attention to the weight index of helmets. Unless you're doing it for a bike race. You should try to reduce your self weight, otherwise, it is not worth spending extra money to buy an ultralight helmet.
2. The larger or more holes in the helmet are, the more breathable the helmet is. This is the key to the helmet. It can ensure that your head is dry during long distance riding. The more or larger the ventilation holes on the helmet, the greater the airflow around your head, and the cooler you feel. However, keep in mind that the more or larger the ventilation holes on the helmet, the more your head is exposed, so the degree of protection will be reduced accordingly. Road bike helmets have more or larger ventilation holes than mountain bike helmets. Similarly, compared with mountain cyclists, road cyclists should consider the weight of helmets more. Generally speaking, the lighter the helmet is, the more expensive it is. Therefore, unless you want to reduce your self weight as much as possible for the purpose of cycling competition, otherwise, it is not worth spending extra money to buy an ultralight bicycle helmet.