In the face of thousands of paddles on the market, how to choose a satisfactory paddle must be a headache for every paddle beginner. However, the style, parameters, material, type and structure of the paddle are diversified, so how to choose a suitable paddle? Let's go together
1、 Paddle type
Identify the purpose of the paddle you need. Is it leisure, racing, cruising, surfing, or yoga?
1. The all-around board (it is recommended to enter the all-around board without thinking at the beginning, and then upgrade it after playing): the all-around board that most beginners will choose is also the leisure board. This is the best choice for outdoor leisure and relaxation, family parent-child travel, and these boards also have the ability to ride small waves in the sea.
2. Surfing paddles: These paddles are usually shorter than leisure paddles, but wider than surfboards. They are the combination of surfboards and paddles, which have both the flexibility of surfboards and the stability of paddles.
3. Cruise board: It needs a long journey, and can be considered for a long time, for example, it often takes tens of thousands of kilometers.
4. Yoga board: wide enough to maintain the stability of yoga in the water.
5. Fishing plate: the fishing plate is wider and more stable, and can accommodate all fishing gear.
6. Competition board: long, light and narrow, which helps to improve the speed of competition.
1. Inflatable paddle (select inflatable paddle directly for entry): if you have the minimum storage space; You often travel and want to take your board with you; You have the lowest budget; You are an ordinary player. You need an inflatable paddle.
A lot of glue is used to paste the inflatable board, so the problem is mostly glue. The service life of glue is generally 3-5 years. If there is a problem with the glue, it is generally recommended to return to the factory for repair after sales, because it can deflate and fold, which is an advantage that the hard board does not have.
2. Epoxy resin paddle board: People first used glass steel plate, and now mostly carbon fiber board. Also known as hard paddle. If you plan to use it only on local beaches and lakes; You want to surf with paddle; There are many reefs and sands in the local waters; You need the best performance, flexibility and speed. You need a hard paddle.
If there is no bump, the service life is really long. Do not bump it. If it is broken or broken, repair it with proper glue and fiberglass cloth in time, and then polish it. Return to the factory for maintenance if conditions permit.
3、 Paddle parameters
After determining the above two points, you need to further understand the specific parameters of the paddle.
1. Paddle size
Generally, the longer size paddle is faster than the shorter one, but the shorter one is easier to operate. Be clear about the purpose:
Short board (less than 10 ', 3 meters): very suitable for surfing and/or children. The short board is easier to operate than the long board, and is very suitable for surfing. Paddles designed for children are usually about 8 feet long.
Medium-sized board (10 'to 12', 3-3.6 meters) (choose this directly for beginners): Most of the leisure yoga boards are also the most common paddle size, which is suitable for most users. When you don't know what size of paddle to buy, choose one within this range.
Long board (12'6 and above, 3.8 meters and above): used more in racing and long-distance rowing.
2. Paddle width
23 inches (58cm) to 37 inches (94cm). The wider the paddle, the stronger the stability. The all-round board generally supports 2 adults.
3. Paddle thickness
Generally, what is seen on the market is 6 inches (15 cm). Decathlon produced a new pulp board product "small schoolbag" in 22 years and made a 5 inch (12 cm).